Friday 9 September 2011

Just do it can be 'Oops!' moments too

Yesterday I posted my thoughts on procrastination and how (if anything) I set about changing my ways to stop procrastinating earlier – so that I had a little more time (although still painfully close a deadline that I had set for myself; adjusted from the original).

I find that the reason for my procrastination was the innate inability to 'just do it.' This problem is beyond my greater affinity to Adidas than to Nike; it has more to do with the fact that I am fairly relaxed as an individual and thus not usually surging with nervous energy and a fetish need to keep moving regardless of the insignificance of a quest.

It would seem that in my relaxed fashion, I contemplate (not over-analyse mind you; I act much before I begin to over analyse anything) and then gear myself up for the task at hand. Moreover I can judge fairly accurately the time frame required to get the job done.

While there are those who do over-analyse, there are also those who fastidiously follow the Nike motto and 'just do it.'


A Tacoma man, who recently got his 15 minutes in the news, was more of a Nike motto aficionado... and literally a 'no-brainer' (or should I just say, an idiot) to boot.

After apparently killing a 16-year old boy by shooting him in the head (in what I presume was an insane 'just do it' moment) the man was flustered as what to do with the body... so he went to the neighbours and asked whether he could dump it in their trash (again in what was possibly another weak 'just do it' moment).

And then, according to the news report, “it was unclear if the neighbours actually gave the man permission to dump the body in their trash, but he allegedly did it anyway.”

Oh, did I mention he decided to kill the boy in the afternoon around 4 pm? Clearly this Washington, USA, resident could benefit by being a little bit of a procrastinator and not such 'action' man; at every single stage in the development of this drama.

Sadly the police have not disclosed anymore information.

No comments: