Monday 11 June 2007

Forever

Silently I sit with my thoughts,
Meandering between images of sudden
Love? Lust? Perhaps, agony and desire.
What wills a man to choose as he does?
When all that he wants is that he has foregone.

Winter cold in all clam and cacophony,
Weather-beaten but for cynical compassion,
A truth unknown; kept hidden in the twilight
Of recourse and reminiscence.

Wither the winds of sorrow,
Blow across the plain flatlands of status quo;
A dust cloud through barren waste,
Weaning itself off the rain
That promises rescue.

Not from thirst
But, from surrendering to the beaten down soul.
Can the yesteryears of post parting
Be worthy of so many memories?

Such that during times of togetherness and post period
Merge into one and blur the lines of wisdom?
Forever shall my mind wander the desert plains?
To regurgitate the promises never made,
But forever filled with good intentions.

I smile at the irony that life opens to my eyes;
For in its twisted humour of vacant laughs,
I stand corrected; I stand holding little but a resigned smile.
Forever is a long time,
But that is how long I pay penance to your absence.

For your not being here to stand beside;
For your not clutching a waiting hand;
For your lips not brushing across a hungry pout.
All seems destined to oblivion,

Yet there is so much to live for
And a life of free choices bound by principle,
Forever is for how long I pay my penance.

- 15 May 2007

No comments: